Photoshop has equipped us with a wide range of actions that can be put together to perform wonderful editing actions to photographs with unbelievable ease. Photoshop has revolutionized the art of photo editing, and this has allowed us room for extensive creativity in photographs. In this article, we shall learn how to add the Instagram Amaro effect using Photoshop. Here are the steps involved:
- The first step is to open the photo in Photoshop. Then press the F7>Layer>Add an adjustment layer. Then click on Colour Select the Luminosity option and then increase the value of ‘red’ bar by +77 and then change the value of ‘green’ bar and ‘blue’ bar to -33 and -100 respectively.
2. The next step is to add curves to the image. Again press F7>Add adjustment layer>Curves. The curves option is very useful to regulate the shadow, highlight and mid-tones in a photograph. Then look at the image below and make the curve similar to the one in the image.
3. The next step is the selection of the elliptical marquee tool from the left panel. Then the photograph is zoomed to about less than 50 % of the screen size. Following that, drag and drop the ellipse with the marquee tool.4.
4. Now we invert the selection by pressing Ctrl + Shift + I/Cmd + Shift + I. Now to make black as the foreground color, press D. Then press Shift + G repeatedly till ‘Gradient’ opens. Here change the mode to ‘foreground to background’ and change the type to ‘radial gradient’.
5. The final step involves applying a radial gradient by pressing and holding Shift and then dragging the mouse from the bottom of the image to the middle.
Now we have finally added the Instagram Amaro effect to our image successfully. As we can see from above, the numbers of steps are not so large in numbers, and consequently, we can learn how to add this effect in minimal time.