In today’s world of HD picture quality and selfie trend in its full fledge, every photo taken shows even the minute detail of your face! While some are extremely photogenic, some need to work on their photos with some filters so as to get the picture which will get them enormous likes on social media! This article will let you know about how to soften the skin in the image using the most popularly used photo editing app-Photoshop. So, follow these simple steps and learn quickly how to soften the skin in your photo using Photoshop!
Step 1: Duplicating the background layer
At first, open Photoshop. Next, open the image in it. Now, press Ctrl+J or Cmd+J to duplicate the background layer.
- Step 2: Invert the background layer
Use the shortcut Ctrl+I or Cmd+I to invert the duplicated background layer. Next, you need to change the blend mode to ‘Overlay’, which will give the image a grey tint.
Step 3: Filter the image
Go to the ‘Filter’ menu. Click on ‘Other’ and then select the ‘High Pass’ option. Next, you need to set the radius. Keep it approximately to 30 pixels, so that entire skin smoothens. Drag to give a complete plastic look to your image. Click ‘OK’.
Step 4: Increasing the sharpness
Again click on the ‘Filter’ menu. Go to Blur and select the ‘Gaussian Blur’ option. Fix the radius as 7 pixels. More the intensity of blur more is the sharpness of the image. This is because the working layer is inverted which means that every action will work in exactly the opposite way.
Step 5: Filter out the unnecessary regions
- All the above steps have smoothened the entire image, but there are regions where the softening of skin is not necessary.
- So, to remove the effect in these regions of the image, select ‘Layer’. Next, go to ‘Layer Mask’ and then select ‘Hide All’. Once you select it, you will see a black box near to the duplicate layer, which is known as the layer mask.
- Next, select the Brush Tool from the tool panel or use the shortcut Shift+B and set the white color as the foreground color. Now, you can start painting the skin and soften the skin only in places where it is needed.
- Once you are done, you will get a perfect image with softened skin that looks just amazing.
So, these are some simple steps in which you can soften the skin in the image. These steps will need very little time, and you will get a social-media perfect picture in just minutes! So, go for it and get a flawless image like never before.