Adobe illustrator can be one of the trickiest things to use. It could get complicated to handle all the tools with increasing detail requirements! Especially for technologically handicapped people like myself, it is quite complex to make use of all the tools in Adobe illustrator. After a lot of practice, though, I have come up with a very easy guide with simple steps to make use of ‘Selection tool illustrator’ in Adobe Illustrator. And, it doesn’t really look all that difficult anymore!
Here are the very easy and simple steps to be followed to make use of the ‘selection tool’ illustrator in Adobe illustrator!
- The first and foremost thing to be done here is to magnify the vector. This will make the job easier. Press Z on the keyboard or grab the magnifying tool. After selecting the ‘magnify’ tool, double click on the vector to magnify it to the extent you are comfortable working with. The image for assistance in using the selection tool illustrator is shown below.
- The next step now is to grab the ‘selection tool’ from the tool panel in Adobe illustrator (selection tool illustrator). The keyboard shortcut for this is to use the alphabet ‘L’.
- The next step here is to place your cursor on the shape or better yet, inside the shape.
- If you wish to rearrange the position of the orange rectangle, just drag it anywhere on the screen to the choice of your position!
- Resizing is another important component here. If you wish to resize the rectangle, just click on the anchor points. Anchor points are the building points of any shape. Dimensions can be set to perfection using these anchor points.
- Drag the anchor points to resize it. In the image shown below, it is being dragged inwards to make it smaller.
- As a graphic designer, there will be times when you will have to work with multiple shapes at the same time. Thanks to Adobe, there is already a provision made for the same which is highly user friendly and super convenient! The trick is to press the ‘Shift’ key and select multiple shapes holding the ‘shift’ key at the same time! Yes, the selection tool illustrator does wonder!
- The image shown below will help you understand how multiple shapes can be dragged and resized. The image below demonstrates the shapes being dragged upwards.
- If you wish to deselect the shapes once done with resizing and right positioning, go to Select à Deselect or keyboard shortcut for this method is to use Ctrl+Shift+A or Cmd+Shift+A. Then, select View à Fir Artboard in Window, or the keyboard shortcut for it is to press Ctrl=0 or Cmd=0.
Isn’t it easy? Of course, it is! Using Adobe illustrator with the right method and guidance is not just super easy but super fun too! Have fun designing, graphic designing nerds using selection tool illustrator in Adobe illustrator!