Wrinkles are a natural effect of aging. As we grow older and older, wrinkles start to appear, and we start looking worn out day by day. A similar observation may also be made in photographs. This makes photographs look dull and less lively and reduces their charms considerably as well. Photographs are meant to be perfect, and Photoshop is here to ensure our photographs get the right touch to look good enough. One of the many useful actions Photoshop has is to remove wrinkles on faces in photographs.
In this article, we shall go through the steps systematically involved in removing wrinkles from photographs with the help of Photoshop.
- To begin the process, first, upload the image into Photoshop. Now the next step is creating a new layer by pressing ctrl + shift + J/ Cmd + Shift + J. Rename the newly created layer to ‘wrinkle’. Now go to the tool panel and click on the ‘Healing Brush tool’. After this, ensure that the source is ‘Sampled’, and the sample name is ‘all layers’.
- Before using the Healing Brush tool, define a source by holding down the Alt/Opt key. Then click on the area adjacent to the area you want to work on/heal simultaneously.
- The next step is to paint over the smile lines for about 5 to 6 times to achieve accurate and perfect results.
- To remove a wrinkle at a particular portion of the face, hold down Alt/Opt key and then click on the area you want to remove a wrinkle from. The next step is to paint over the wrinkle.
- The penultimate step in this process is to remove wrinkles in other parts of the faces, neck, and forehead by using step-4.
- The final step of the step involves making the photograph look realistic. To do this, we add some wrinkles that aren’t prominent. For doing this, we reduce the opacity of the ‘Wrinkles’ layer to a percentage of about 74%. Now you have successfully removed any wrinkle in the photograph.
This brings the process to a successful conclusion. To look at the above steps on plain sight, the method to remove wrinkles is way much easier than it looks in the steps of this article. However, since this article is intended to teach beginners how to remove wrinkles, the steps should be followed sincerely. After consistent practice, the process will be a matter of child’s play for any person.