Photographs are a simple yet subtle way of holding on to memories we would like to relive forever. They help us bask in the glory of that one moment we always want to cherish. So to be able to have a good photograph is always a good feeling. Photoshop helps us to attain the level of self-satisfaction we want to have in having a good photograph.
While Photoshop is equipped with a large variety of tools, one of the important aspects of Photoshop is sharpening an image without the interference of noise in the image.
Here are the steps by the help of which one can sharpen image minus the noise in Photoshop CS6:
- The first step involves creating a new layer for working on the image. For a one-layer document, press Ctrl + J/Cmd + J to duplicate the layer.
- Now click on the “window” option and select the Channels option.
- The next step is to select multiple channels at a time. Now click on the ‘Red’ option. Press and hold the Shift button and then click the ‘green’ option. The same thing is also applicable while selecting multiple layers in the layer panel.
- Next, go to the ‘filter’ option> ‘Sharpen’ option> ‘unsharp mask’ option. Change the value of ‘Amount’, Radius, and Threshold as per your requirement. The changes are suitably preferred to give the image the best look.
- In the next course of action, open the channel panel, and then click on the ‘RGB’ option.
- Now a layer mask is added to reduce the noise in the image. To do this, press F7 and open the layer panel. Click on the ‘Add layer mask’ option.
- Select Black as the foreground color of your image. Now select the brush by pressing B. Next to go to the options panel on the top of the screen and reduce the opacity to a percentage of about 70 – 85 %.
- The final step of the process involves setting the ‘hardness’ percentage value to 0 and then applying the brush on the area where the sharpening effect is not desired. After this, your image is complete and ready.
To sharpen the image without noise is a handy tool/process that can be performed using Photoshop. In addition to a plethora of other useful actions, Photoshop has, sharpen image action is a very important one that finds critical use and application in every photograph.
This article is aimed at helping the readers learn how to sharpen the image without noise effectively and efficiently.